Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pooped Out.

At almost 5-weeks old, we are all ready for the girls to move outside to their "big girl" coop.

And by "we", I mean all of us: the chickens, the dog, my husband and definitely myself. The girls are ready to be free of the confinement of the dog kennel and we humans are ready to be free of the poop. I honestly can say that I had NO IDEA how much chickens poop. They poop every few MINUTES...and if you are lucky its the normal relatively dry poop. I do not want to go into descriptive verse here on the texture and smell of some of the less than optimal poops.

Last night the husband and I were in the den with them, watching them clamber around the top of the kennel, where we had let them out for a bit. The girls were flapping around, and of course, pooping.

After one particularly wet sound, I hear my husband groan.

"Man. I really didn't need to see that," he said suddenly.

"What?" I said.

"Chicken Butt."

I absolutely can't believe I actually fell for that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know that the poop produced during the lifespan a single chicken can power a 100 watt lightbulb for five hours?