Friday, August 10, 2007

Fruits of My Labor



Ah..the sweet rewards at last. Without a doubt nothing tastes as wonderful as a meal made with ingredients picked moments earlier from your own garden.

The other night I made a simple salad with roasted corn (ok, I didn't grow that myself, but next year for sure), heirloom tomatoes, basil, and a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. It was the taste of summer in a bowl.

On another note, the girls are getting B-I-G! They are 2.5 weeks old..only 2 more weeks until they can go outside to their big girl coop. The process of down turning into feather is one of nature's more extraordinary sights. I think it also must be somewhat itchy, as they constantly groom themselves now. Ginger in particular has feathers that are quite beautiful.

3 comments:

MKM said...

Awwwww, lookit Derby!

nickoletta100 said...

Chickies and tomatoes are beautiful!!!

Angelica said...

Your hens are getting so BIG!