Wednesday, May 30, 2007

How Green is My Valley?

Well, the good news is that the weather is warming up a bit, and as a result, my peppers and tomatoes are really growing like crazy. I started pruning and tying the tomatoes that had started to flower, and there are 3/4 inch sized little peppers on some of the plants already! Very exciting!

I'm a bit concerned about the basil though. They are starting to look a little yellowish, not as vibrant green as they had been. I'm thinking this means overwatering. There are also a few small holes on some of the plants, although I believe most of them have been there for awhile, so not really new.

Also, I thought I had read once that I should keep the flowers pinched back on the thyme...but that's rather difficult to do without mauling the leaves as well. Anyone know?

No comments: