Monday, October 15, 2007

Goats Can Food Anything.



Here's how I spent my weekend.

Saturday: Jogged 4 miles, went to gardening class, grocery shopping for dinner, worked on chicken coop, cleaned the house, made dinner, watched football, got tipsy.

Sunday: Went to see some goats for a possible business, finished the chicken coop, cleaned up the yard, tended my crops, collapsed into bed.

I need a weekend to recover my weekend. On the upside, the new coop looks great and the Girls are loving all the extra room. Not to mention they got all new bark chips which = fresh bugs to eat and scratch. As a comparison, here's the old coop:



And here's the new one:



So there's about 9 square feet more there. The husband, of course, wanted to make it bigger (why do men always want things bigger?) but since the lumber at Home Depot comes in 8 foot lengths, I convinced him that was plenty. And it really is. Much longer and I wouldn't have been able to get the door open.

Finally, here's more pictures of goats.



3 comments:

MKM said...

Hey the new coop looks GREAT! I TOLD you you could build one! Okay okay I didn't realize it would cost you that much in blood, sweat, and tears, but those little ladies look so happy!

And I can't believe you actually went and looked at the goats. Hey! you could start a neighborhood petting zoo in the off season!

nickoletta100 said...

Such a beautiful new coop! I'll move in! j/k, it does look pretty darn good though.

Goats huh? In your backyard? H

Nanette said...

OMG. Can I tell you that I first thought the top photos was a picture of a beagle's butt or something before I realized it was a GOAT? Damn my eyes. ;)